In today’s consumer electronics market, design, appearance and feel are primary drivers in purchase decisions, in addition to pure technical functionality.
Top quality design of the casing is particularly important for mobile telephones. Along with general quality and design, manufacturers are looking increasingly to environmentally friendly manufacturing technologies and avoiding the use of VOC’s (volatile organic compounds).
- Plasma energy reliably removes all particles using super-fine cleaning.
- Greater surface tension on the plastic casing significantly improves finish dispersion and adhesion and makes it possible to use water-based finishes.
- The scrap rate in the finishing stage of production is significantly reduced.
- Plasma technology can be integrated inline in existing finishing lines.
- Higher production speeds mean noticeable cost savings.
Key pads are an essential element in every computer, mobile telephone or remote control keyboard, yet they are made of materials with low wettability, such as silicone and conductive rubber. During manufacturing, a conductive film is applied so that, when the keys that lie on top of that layer are touched, the necessary contact is established between them and the printed circuit board.
Openair-Plasma® activation creates optimal preconditions for the coating applied during the printing process, and at the same time the higher surface energy means that the material’s electrical conductivity is significantly increased as well.
Only minimum surface is available for gluing polycarbonate coverings on half shell cases in the manufacture of mobile telephones. Modern UV adhesives are used – one-component resins that harden in seconds when exposed to UV light through the transparent covering, which ensures very good electrical insulation.
These small surfaces must be extremely well prepared to achieve improved adhesion. Openair-Plasma® activation results in an exceptionally effective joining of advanced materials and combinations with a variety of plastics.
Shanghai New International Expo Centre
IPC APEX EXPO 2024
Anaheim Convention Center
Hall 1, booth 1210